If you would like to make us aware of a complaint you may have, please see our complaints procedure below.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with the lawyer responsible for your matter, or if you prefer Fintan Dorian the principal director of the firm.
What Happens Next?
1. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days of receiving it.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Fintan Dorian reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Within 15 working days of sending you the acknowledgment letter Fintan Dorian will invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Fintan Dorian may instead offer you a chance to discuss the matter by telephone.
4. Within five working days of the meeting, or any telephone conversation we have with you instead of meeting Fintan Dorian will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
5. In any case Fintan Dorian will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint including his suggestions for resolving the matter within 25 working days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you should contact us again and we will arrange for another solicitor unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman.
9. What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
10. If we have to change any of these timescales we will let you know and explain why.